Enjoy cooking
Browse delicious
And Creative Recipes

Mini Vegetable Pot Pies

Saturday, January 23, 2016 | 7:15 AM


The official start of winter is right around the corner! I like to plan ahead and have quick comfort food recipes in my arsenal to warm me up when the temperatures dip. Chicken pot pie is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods, but it can be bit labor intensive to poach a chicken and make the pastry crust. It also tends to be a bit heavy and I prefer to eat things that don’t put me to sleep right after I finish. I found this recipe for individual Vegetable Pot Pies that uses a shortcut for the crust, and after taking one bite, all was right in the world.

Ingredients

Serves: 6
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced wild mushrooms
  • 2 small carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
  • 1 small parsnip, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
  • 2 cups butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth for a vegetarian option)
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 1/3 cup frozen baby peas
  • 6 slices thin whole-wheat sandwich bread
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
  • Paprika, for garnish
See Directions > http://www.recipe.com/blogs/cooking/mini-vegetable-pot-pies/

By
SHARE

0 ความคิดเห็น :

Post a Comment