Enjoy cooking
Browse delicious
And Creative Recipes
Home » , , , , » Kale, Beet, and Goat Cheese Pizza

Kale, Beet, and Goat Cheese Pizza

Saturday, January 23, 2016 | 7:47 AM


In my house we live for pizza night. That could be because pizza night falls on Friday and signals the start of the weekend, but it probably has at least 50 percent to do with the fact that pizza is pretty darn amazing. Hot, cheesy, covered in copious toppings—plus you eat it with your hands! It’s a kid’s dream.

Years of pizza night means that I tend to get itchy to mix things up every once in a while. Sure, I’ll make the standard single-topping for the kids, but when it comes to the pie for my husband and me, I prefer to be a bit more adventurous. Chicken, Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes…they’re all good in my book!

Lately though, I’ve been working on eating more nutritiously and adding more veggies to my diet at every meal. Yep, pizza night too. Since pizza is basically a blank slate, this is really easy to do, and I’ve found a great combo in this Kale, Beet, and Goat Cheese Pizza.

Ingredients
Serves: 4
  • 1/2 pound whole-wheat pizza dough
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cups thinly shredded dinosaur (lacinato) kale
  • 1 small yellow beet, peeled and very thinly sliced
  • 1 small red beet, peeled and very thinly sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
See Directions > http://www.recipe.com/blogs/cooking/kale-beet-and-goat-cheese-pizza/

By
SHARE

0 ความคิดเห็น :

Post a Comment